Compassion fatigue is common among many professionals working in the social services field. This course will provide staff with the knowledge of what compassion fatigue is, the tools to recognize symptoms, and the ability to develop self-care habits to reduce its effects and prevent future vulnerability.
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
• Articulate the difference between compassion fatigue and burnout
• Identify psychological issues and physical symptoms related to compassion fatigue
• Recognize the 5 stages of compassion fatigue
• Identify and implement interventions to effectively work through their own compassion fatigue
• Identify internal characteristics which may create a higher risk for compassion fatigue
• Transform compassion fatigue into compassion satisfaction