Solution Focused Approach
Children's Services Council of Palm Beach County
T = Task/Technical Skills
This two day workshop will allow participants to learn and understand the relationship between strengths and challenges as the basic tenets of the Brief Solution Focused model. Participants will apply Solution Focused tools and intervention strategies to case examples of high risk families similar to populations served by CSC funded programs.
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify self as partner rather than expert
- Recognize the client's expressions of intense feelings, both positive and negative, and use this passion to identify what is meaningful to the client
- Utilize solution focused tools
- Identify the benefit of clustering risk and protective factors and the guidance this may provide for intervention
- Integrate the Solution Focused Approach with Touchpoints
- Utilize family strengths as a way of creating change
This course is currently unavailable at this time. Please contact CSC for upcoming course schedules.