Cultural Competency Reflective Practice
Children's Services Council of Palm Beach County
Participants who have previously taken Cultural Competency training will continue to explore cultural competence and its meaning in their work.
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Show an open curiosity and respect for traditional cultural beliefs and practices related
- Suzanne Pak-Gorstein, M.D. Phd. And Aliya Haq, M.S. R.D. and Elinor A. Grahm, MD MPH, “Cultural Influence on Infant Feeding Practices,” Pediatrics in Review, March 2009
- Lisa Johnson Waugh “Beliefs Associated with Mexican Immigrant Families’ Practice of La Cuarentena during Postpartun Recovery,” The Association of Women’s Health.Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses. 2011.
- Joyce Maureen O’Mahony, et.al. “Cultural Background and Socioeconomic Influence of Immigrant and Refugee Women Coping with Postpartum Depression” J Immigrant Minority Health June 19th, 2012
- Pranee Liamputtong, editor Childrearing and Infant Care Issues: A Cross-cultural Perspective, Nova Science Publishers
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. (http://nccam.nih.gov/)
This course is currently unavailable at this time. Please contact CSC for upcoming course schedules.