Application Closing Date:
July 1, 2011
Full time, 40 hours per week
Pediatric Oncology Support Team
The POST Case Manager is responsible for linking families of children with cancer to necessary resources, advocating effectively to assist them with obtaining those resources and providing families the tools they need to self advocate. These services will be rendered in hospitals, clinics, and POST offices depending on the family’s choice and needs.
- Effectively collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team to develop a plan for POST clients in need of case management services.
- Assist families in completing applications for cancer-related resources such as Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, American Cancer Society, Cancer Care, and NCCS.
- Network with other organizations to advocate for clients and to generate new resources.
- Provide all services within a model of family-centered care, and maintain a supportive and encouraging manner.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in human services related field;
- Minimum of two years experience working as a case manager.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English;
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and to be flexible;
- Extensive knowledge of local and national resources, especially for children with cancer and their families;
- The ability to demonstrate cultural competence and awareness of the social-cultural characteristics of clients served.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
Employees interested in a transfer or promotional opportunity must complete a Request for Transfer Form (available in HR Outlook CPG Public Folders or from your supervisor). Obtain your supervisor’s approval and then submit the completed form to HR.
External applicants may submit their resume via email to Human Resources at CPGJobs@gocpg.org or via fax to 561-727-1056.
CPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer & a Drug-Free Workplace.
(For the weeks of June 27, 2011 and July 4, 2011)