Motivational Interviewing Part 1
Children's Services Council of Palm Beach County
This 2 day class is based on the new NIDA/SAMHSA model of Motivational Interviewing. In this evidence-based training, participants will learn the Five Stages of Change, the Tem MI Consistent Items, and the Six MI Inconsistent Items. Participants will have multiple opportunities to practice utilizing Motivational Interviewing during the sessions. There is a ½ day follow up session approximately one month after the first two days of training. Attendance for all 2.5 days is required for course credit.
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the principles of MI: express empathy, develop discrepancy, roll with resistance, support self-efficacy
- Explain and utilize MI skills and techniques such as reflective listening, open-ended questions, affirming, summarizing, emphasizing choice, being alert to the client’s readiness to change, strengthening inner commitment to change, and raising awareness of and responsiveness to self-motivating statements and behaviors
- Identify, elicit, and strengthen change talk
- Recognize and respond to sustain talk
- Utilize MI spirit, basic strategies, and skills to engage customers effectively
- Utilize information gleaned through MI regarding a client’s willingness/readiness to change to assist in the determination of whether or not to refer a client/family for additional services
This course is currently unavailable at this time. Please contact CSC for upcoming course schedules.