Healthy Start: FSU Partners for a Healthy Baby
Children's Services Council of Palm Beach County
Partners for a Healthy Baby is a nationally recognized, research-based, practice-informed curriculum used by many home visiting models to meet their program goals including:
- improving birth outcomes
- reducing rates of child abuse
- strengthening families
- enhancing child health and developmental outcomes
- promoting family stability and economic self-sufficiency
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Plan the purpose of your visit so that critical topics are covered in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively by using questions and other prompts that are provided.
- Identify what to look for in order to detect early signs of health or developmental problems and discuss your concerns with the family and/or a health care provider.
- Recognize what should be reported to your supervisor or when to seek further guidance.
- Prepare parents with the knowledge and skills needed to care for their baby and support optimal bonding and attachment.
This course is invitation only.
This course is currently unavailable at this time. Please contact CSC for upcoming course schedules.