Meals on Wheels of the Palm Beaches
Founded in 2010, Meals on Wheels of the Palm Beaches (MOWPB) is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. MOWPB is dedicated to nourishing and enriching the lives of the homebound in Palm Beach County. Our clients receive a hot and freshly prepared meal five days, delivered by our team of caring volunteers. We provide nourishment for the soul as well as the body. The three-part program ensures that, in addition to a warm smile, the seniors receive a good meal, a well-being check, and follow-up with emergency contacts if needed. The daily delivery stops provide the essential human connection which is too often lost when seniors live alone.
MOWPB is one of over 5000 individual programs around the country which collectively deliver close to 150 million meals each year to the homebound. We are a member of Meals on Wheels America, a national trade association, which provides benefits such as education on relevant topics in our industry and serves as a lobby in Washington seeking funding for senior services. MOWPB receives no federal, state or local government funding and is entirely community supported through foundation grants, fundraising events, and contributions from businesses and individuals.
The Receptionist will provide support to and work in collaboration with the Program Department with both clients and volunteers. This position requires strong organizational skills, computer skills and an ability to prioritize as well as multi-task. In addition, this person will be the initial contact with potential clients listening to their needs and providing information and assistance. Patience and kindness are key personality attributes for this position.
The program is the core service area to the community and each team member is key to the overall success of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer phone and assist with screening of potential clients
- Data entry into both Excel and our core software program- Serve Tracker
- Assist with and/or coordinate special mailings
- Assist with and/or coordinate phone surveys to client or volunteers
- Assist with writing/mailing thank you and other letters
Duties & Responsibilities continued
- Assist in receiving and making calls to communicate with clients, volunteers, client families and others as necessary concerning client welfare follow up
- Deliver meals to clients when staff needs to step in
- Assist with volunteer appreciation events and other special events as needed
- Participate as an active member of the organization
- Other duties as necessary and assigned
- Excellent customer service including patience and kindness in speaking with individuals over the phone and in person
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task oriented
- A pro-active attitude
- Highly organized and detail oriented with data and paperwork
- Computer literate and technology proficient in standard word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications. Proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Working knowledge of social media platforms
- A commitment to the mission of serving older adults and people with disabilities
- Willing to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Vehicle in good working condition, a valid Florida driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
- Ability to lift 5 pounds, delivering meals requires lifting meal bags into car/walking from car over curbs, down sidewalks and up one or more flights of stairs
A minimum of 2 years’ experience in general office administration required
This is a Part-time position of 25 hours per week of 9 am to 2 pm. There is some flexibility with possible increased hours around events.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE 2/6/2019