Title: Technical Assistance Coordinator, TMW Community-Wide Demonstration Project
Reports to: Project Manager, TMW Community-Wide Demonstration Project
Background and summary:
The TMW Center for Early Learning + Public Health at the University of Chicago develops, tests, and implements evidence-based interventions designed to promote very young children’s cognitive and social-emotional development, with a priority placed on that of children living in poverty. TMW interventions are designed to be overlaid onto existing health, education, and social service systems working at scale in a given community in order to meet families where they already are. Our goal is to effect population-level change in children’s academic and developmental outcomes.
The TMW Center is launching in 2019 a multi-year community-wide demonstration project, through which the TMW Center and community partners will implement its parent-directed interventions through systems already working at scale in the community, with a goal of reaching 60% of all families with children age birth to three within five years. The program will launch in summer 2019, with a rigorous timeframe for further program rollout and scaling over the following five years. The TMW Center will conduct an ongoing evaluation of the program’s and model’s success, and will therefore collect data longitudinally from program participants, as well as a nearby comparison community that will not receive TMW interventions. In support of this, the TMW Center seeks a Technical Assistance Coordinator to serve as the face of the TMW Center within the community, providing on-site support to implementing providers in hospitals, pediatric clinics, and social service agencies. The ideal candidate is organized, personable, and driven to effect change in their local community.
- Provide regular on-site assistance to implementing sites in using the TMW Tech Platform and TMW interventions. Troubleshoot and resolve questions/issues as quickly as feasible, and escalate larger issues to Project Manager and Tech Platform Testing and Training Support Coordinator as appropriate.
- Conduct regular weekly site visit ‘stop ins’ at each implementing site to check on implementation, ensure adequate supplies, and ensure proper functioning of tablets/technology.
- Alert Project Manager about any noted deviations from specified implementation plans at any site; work with Project Manager and Training Manager to remedy issues.
- Maintain an on-call cell phone for technical assistance requests, and resolve technical and implementation issues as quickly as possible, escalating when appropriate.
- Secure permissions from sites to enable implementation by site staff, including wifi access, tablet encryption, and tablet access credentials.
- Prepare technology at each site for implementation (optimize tablets for use of TMW Tech Platform, install TMW Tech Platform).
- Set up the TMW Tech Platform for each site’s implementation, including creating a partitioned site, creating accounts for implementing staff, and testing and troubleshooting the new site functionality, in coordination with the TMW Tech Platform Testing and Training Support Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of related experience required
- Experience in community-based program implementation strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate and build strong working relationships with diverse audiences, required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously required.
- Problem-solving skills, including a strong ability to prioritize, required.
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail, required.
- Ability to train others required.
- Initiative and independent judgment required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to travel locally to conduct regular on-site visits required.
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish strongly preferred.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: