Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Palm Beach County is recruiting for a Service Coordinator. This position is responsible for assisting women in obtaining quality prenatal healthcare, obtaining a payer source for healthcare, while providing ongoing support and education. Local travel within the county, as well as work schedule flexibility due to period work on Saturdays, are required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Conducts prenatal intakes, including home visits, to ensure that pregnant women obtain access to needed prenatal care.
- Links clients to available financial payer sources.
- Strategizes and prioritizes accordingly to achieve the required number of monthly intakes.
- Conducts prenatal follow-ups including psychosocial assessment; providing prenatal education/information and giving appropriate referrals for other needed resources and services.
- Promotes early and continual prenatal care, stressing the importance of following immunization schedule and the self sufficiency of parents.
- Responsible for maintaining established quantity and quality standards.
- Ensures that all clients’ records are accurate, current and updated on a regular basis.
- Ensures that referrals as well as closures have been appropriately linked and documented within the database system and agency data function.
- Provides client education based upon the intake.
- Establishes and maintains a collaborative relationship throughout the agency as well as with the provider network including medical, nursing, mental health, and social services staff.
- Documents and records provided client services in an accurate and timely manner.
- Incumbent is required to be flexible in providing needed coverage for other designated locations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of maternal child issues and community resources.
- Ability to interface effectively with a diverse population.
- Professional social work documentation and time management skills.
- Computer skills including Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent Bilingual skills English/Spanish, both verbal and written communication required.
- Ability to be flexible with regard to work location and work schedule including periodic work on Saturdays.
- Minimum of one year experience working with pregnant woman and/or mothers and children.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice, Counseling or Education.
Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies does not discriminate against employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. The agency will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management.
Employment Reference Checking, Motor Vehicle Report and Criminal Background Checks Are Conducted
Qualified candidates should submit resume, including salary requirements, to email@example.com.
(For the weeks of July 11, 2011 and July 18, 2011)