Raising a child with a special need can, at times, feel isolating and overwhelming.
If your child has a diagnosed special need and you are looking for resources and support, we can help.
For questions and community resources, you can …
- Call The 2-1-1 Special Needs Helpline, managed by 2-1-1 Palm Beach/Treasure Coast and funded in part by Children’s Services Council. Just dial 2-1-1 and ask for the Special Needs Helpline for answers to questions and help finding resources available for families raising children, up to age 22, who have special needs.
- Reach out to the Special Needs Advisory Coalition by clicking here. This planning group brings experts from all backgrounds together to solve local issues facing families raising children with special needs.
If you’re raising a child with special needs and need respite care, help with finding appropriate afterschool care or medical equipment not covered by insurance, you can reach out to United Way of Palm Beach County’s Special Needs Initiative, which Children’s Services Council supports.
For more information about the Special Needs Initiative, you can …
More Parenting Resources – At Your Fingertips
Check Out the EveryParent App & Website
The EveryParent Campaign offers those parenting in Palm Beach County a unique, local resource full of tips, info and spot-on advice personalized for your family.
The EveryParent website allows you to …
- Learn about what to expect as your child grows.
- Get advice from local experts.
- Find answers to parenting questions and programs that can help.
The EveryParent apps (available for Android and Apple (iOS) devices) allows you to …
- Stay one step ahead of key moments in your child’s life.
- Get notifications from local experts to help make parenting easier.
- Save priceless memories to your child’s digital timeline.