Council Updates and Coronavirus Resources
Children's Services Council's Updates
Children's Services Council's building is closed to the public
For the health and safety of our community, our building is now closed to visitors until further notice, but our staff is working remotely. Please call 561-740-7000 to reach our staff or click here to contact us with questions or concerns.
Helpful Community Resources
Children’s Services Council has compiled an ongoing list of local resources that Palm Beach County families may find helpful in these uncertain times.
Federal and State Resources
- CDC COVID-19 website
- Florida Department of Health COVID-19 webpage
- Florida's COVID-19 Case Dashboard
- CDC guidance on pregnant women and COVID-19
- CDC guidance on COVID-19 and kids
- Florida Department of Children & Families ACCESS website for food assistance, cash assistance, Medicaid and disaster food assistance or call 850-300-4323.
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (to file for unemployment)
- Resources and info at pbcgov.org or call PBC's emergency hotline at 561-712-6400
- COVID-19 testing site information from the Health Care District of Palm Beach County
- Meal sites open during school closure
- The School District of Palm Beach County's COVID-19 updates
- The Palm Beach County Food Bank's list of food pantries and sites countywide
- Prime Time Palm Beach County updates, including open afterschool sites
- Early Learning Coalition updates and child care resources, or call ELC at 561-514-3300. (Please note: A limited number of child care scholarships are available to first responders and other essential workers with young children - 6 weeks to 12. Call ELC for more information.
- Healthy Mother’s Healthy Babies emergency pantry for infants
- 211 Helpline resources
- Palm Beach County Clerk & Comptroller updates
- United Way of Palm Beach County COVID-19 Response Fund
- Palm Tran schedule changes
- Palm Beach County Human Services Eviction Prevention Program, 561-904-7900 or apply online.
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County COVID-19 resources or call 561-655-8944.
- Mental Health America of Palm Beach County COVID-19 resources or call 561-801-HELP (4357).
About Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County
The Council is a local, special-purpose government created by Palm Beach County voters in 1986 and reauthorized in 2014. For more than 30 years, it has provided leadership, funding, services and research on behalf of the county’s children so they grow up healthy, safe and strong.
If you have questions related to Children's Services Council of Palm Beach County and/or media inquiries, please contact Shana Cooper, Public Information Officer.