Quick Facts about Children’s Services Council
Children/Families Served in FY 2017-2018*
- 31,000 served through Healthy Beginnings maternal/child health programs
- 44,000 served through quality child care and afterschool programs
- 63,000 served through special initiatives and other outreach
*Numbers served may include duplicates
2017-2018 Budget Information
Budget: $132.3 M
About the budget: More than 89% of funding goes directly into programs for children/families.
Millage rate: .6590
About the millage rate: The owner of a single-family home with a taxable property value of $250,000 (with $50,000 in typical exemptions) would pay an ad valorem tax of about $132 a year.
Click here for more detailed financial information.
Programs and initiatives:
- Children's Services Council funds more than 50 programs/initiatives.
Click here for a list of funded programs.
- More than 220 child care programs participate in our Strong Minds system.
Click here for a list of child care sites in our Strong Minds system.
- About 160 afterschool programs participate in our Quality Improvement System.
Click here for a list of afterschool programs in our Quality Improvement System.
- More than 500 businesses receive dollars through CSC programs.
- More than 1,600 jobs are funded through CSC, its provider agencies and early child care sites.
Additional questions about Children's Services Council?
Contact Shana Cooper, public information officer, at 561-740-7000 ext. 2170 or click here.