HEALTHY, SAFE AND STRONG FUND APPLICATION
Children’s Services Council Palm Beach County (CSC) sets aside special funds each year to assist in sponsoring public awareness events, conferences and community outreach activities for children and families in Palm Beach County. The public awareness events, conferences and activities are important to the Children’s Services Council in achieving its goals:
More children are:
- Born Healthy
- Kept safe from abuse/neglect
- Ready for kindergarten
- Have access to quality afterschool and summer programs
These funds are intended to support organizations’ activities and efforts that do not fit within the funding parameters of CSC, but support the Council’s goals. The maximum to be awarded for any single event is $2,500. No one organization may be awarded more than $2,500 per CSC’s fiscal year (October 1 – September 30).
Public awareness events, conferences and community outreach activities can include public education campaigns that involve a series of events or multi-media initiatives. Example areas of focus for this fund include child safety, child development, parenting education, health, literacy, cultural events and school readiness activities. The public awareness events/activities must plan to reach or impact a minimum of 100 people and include a marketing/public relations plan, distribution plan and an itemized budget. While anticipated attendance at an event is a factor in the funding decision, funding is not premised on actual attendance but is based on overall support of a community event or project. Children’s Services Council will not request return of moneys based on less-than-anticipated attendance at events. However, actual attendance at the event, or through post-event follow-up, must be included in the “Event Summary” section of Appendix B, Request for Reimbursement.
While applications from individual agencies are welcome, collaboration among provider agencies is encouraged. The following types of organizations may apply for these special funds:
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Accredited colleges and universities
- Governmental organizations
- Professional organizations/coalitions (if the organization or coalition is not a legal entity, CSC will require a primary agency for contracting)
- Cultural, arts, educational organizations
Pursuant to section 125.901 of the Florida Statutes, the Palm Beach County School District is not eligible to apply for CSC funds.
Applications are accepted throughout the year and to be considered for funding, the event/activity must meet the criteria described herein. Once the budget that was allocated for this fund has been expended, no additional applications will be considered until the start of the next fiscal year. CSC’s fiscal year is October 1 – September 30. CSC reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
Applications must be completed in full, signed and submitted at least 60 days prior to event date starting February 1, 2020. For example, completed application would need to be received by February 10th to be considered for an event scheduled no earlier than April 10th, 2020 with all necessary attachments. CSC may request additional information before funding decision is made. Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant, who then must provide additional information in order to be considered for funding.
CSC reserves the right to deny any request for funds. Potential applicants are encouraged to consult with contact below prior to submitting the full proposal.
- The applicant submits the completed application including attachments, to the CSC’s Director of Communications, at least 60 days prior to event date.
- The application will be reviewed by CSC’s Director of Communications to determine if it meets the basic requirements. A Notice of Receipt is sent to the applicant confirming receipt of the application and identifying the applicant of the application’s status as complete or incomplete. Applications that are incomplete or do not meet eligibility criteria will be returned to the applicant with a list of missing documentation and will need to be completed and resubmitted for further consideration.
- Completed applications will be scheduled for review by a Review Committee. The Review Committee will include the Director of Communications and two other CSC staff designated by the Director of Communications. The applicant will be notified of the review progress and contacted if there are additional questions regarding the application.
- Recommendations regarding funding are presented to the Chief Communications Officer for approval. The applicant is then notified of funding decisions. CSC reserves the right to deny any request for funds.
- Within ten days after the event, applicants must submit a completed Request for Reimbursement of Healthy, Safe and Strong Funds Exhibit B (attached to Agreement) and all receipts for expenditures. This form also includes information regarding the event, including attendance and any planned follow-up with attendants, and evaluation summaries for the event if applicable.
In order to be approved, applicants must demonstrate that the proposed event, conference or activity is in Palm Beach County and in alignment with CSC’s goals. In addition, the event/activity must plan to reach/impact a minimum of 100 attendees. To be considered for funding, applicants must provide a public relations, marketing distribution plan and be prepared to submit a post-event summary with samples of marketing and public relations materials. This can include press releases mentioning CSC, as well as collateral materials with CSC’s logo, social media posts, Facebook shares, etc. While anticipated attendance at an event is a factor in the funding decision, funding is not premised on actual attendance but is based on overall support of a community event or project. Children’s Services Council will not request return of moneys based on less-than-anticipated attendance at events. However, actual attendance at the event, or through post-event follow-up, must be included in the “Event Summary” section of Exhibit B, Request for Reimbursement.
The intent of the fund is to provide sponsorship for events, conferences and public awareness activities in Palm Beach County regarding children and families. Preference is given to activities and events that provide unique opportunities for CSC to receive value-added sponsorship visibility. Annual and recurring events that have received funding from CSC in previous fiscal years do not automatically receive sponsorship approval or a guarantee of funding approval for the next fiscal year.
The fund is not intended to be used to pay for staff to attend conferences or for use by individual agencies to provide training for their staff. The fund is not intended to cover all of the costs of the event, but should be supplemented with other revenue sources. It is expected that the applicant has expertise/knowledge in planning and executing the event, activities or community outreach deliverables and initiatives.
If for any reason the event is cancelled, any and all advance payments made by CSC must be returned.
CSC Logo Guidelines
To ensure consistent brand messaging, CSC requires that the applicant use CSC’s logo in print materials, signage, online and relevant event messaging. This can include website logo placement, press releases and social media. Use the horizontal logo only in instances where there is minimal vertical space and the primary stacked logo will not fit properly. Please visit: www.cscpbc.org/logos for logos and guidelines. If you have further questions, please call 561-740-7000.